There Is A Fountain
by William Cowper, 1772
Read and Listen to Cowper's biography by John Piper here. (via Desiring God)
Sung by Selah link above.
- There is a fountain filled with blood,
Drawn from Immanuel’s veins,
And sinners plunged beneath that flood
Lose all their guilty stains.
- The dying thief rejoiced to see
That fountain in His day;
And there have I, though vile as he,
Washed all my sins away.
- Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood
Shall never lose its pow’r,
Till all the ransomed church of God
Are safe, to sin no more.
- E’er since by faith I saw the stream
Thy flowing wounds supply,
Redeeming love has been my theme,
And shall be till I die.
- When this poor, lisping, stamm’ring tongue
Lies silent in the grave,
Then in a nobler, sweeter song,
I’ll sing Thy pow’r to save.