Friday, December 17, 2010

All I Have Is Christ

Hallelujah! All I have is Christ
Hallelujah! Jesus is my life --Jordan Kauflin from another favorite Sovereign Grace song

If there is anything good that can come from loss it would be finding joy and fulfillment in Christ alone. I honestly cannot think of a better way of tearing down our idols than having them sovereignly taken away, leaving us to search for something deeper, longer lasting, and eternal. God has brought me to this place over and over again through difficult trials, and though they were extremely painful, I can rejoice over them.

My husband prayed a prayer once that has had eternal impact on us:
Lord, reduce me to Christ.
Were we prepared for the impact that would make on our lives? Jesus is the bread of life. If we have Jesus, we have everything we need. This Christmas season has been especially meaningful to me as I remember the significant gift of a Savior to save us from our sins. Praise God for Immanuel, God is with us.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of that very old Amy Grant song, "I am glad" where she talks about how she had lots of dreams, and when she held them in her hand she realized they were nothing, so God took them all away, but now she can say she's glad. I think about that song over and over again. But the same God who takes away our false hopes and dreams gives us new and better dreams to dream.

    ReplyDelete