Thursday, February 3, 2011

This Christmas cactus belongs to my mother-in-law. We are living in their house, and it is one of my favorite things about winter. This plant blooms fully about 3 times during the winter and it gets one or two blooms in between each full bloom. The flowers have two blooms stacked on top of each other like a double-scoop ice cream cone. I water my plants once a week during the winter (about 3/4 cup to 1 cup of water for this large plant). Lately the plant has gotten some yellow, wilting green stems that I have had to remove. I am trying to figure out what is wrong. I am not doing anything differently than I did last year caring for it. Perhaps it needs to be repotted? Do you have any thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your interest in our blog. Since I don't know you, and I suspect this is spam (no offense), I would prefer you ask your questions here in the comment section. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete