Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks 2014

Thanksgiving Greetings!

          We enjoyed a cozy Thanksgiving meal last Saturday with the Frank Family in Fergus Falls.  Today we are with our immediate family at home.  The turkey is in the oven, the kids are working on an iMovie project, and the sun is shining.  Today is the coldest Thanksgiving in Minnesota in 26 years!  It is 5 degrees Fahrenheit at this moment (-15 degrees Celcius for our European friends).

         "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18
Thankfulness is the mark of a true believer in Christ.  Yet, in all that God has done for us and all His great and precious promises expressed in His word, we must be reminded over and over to give THANKS.  Praise God for His faithfulness and goodness. When I am reminded to give thanks my troubles seem less because of God's gracious hand holding me up.  I know I have a heavenly Father who knows my needs, and I love Him.

Today I am thankful:
My oldest daughter is recovering from pneumonia. I am thankful for good health care and for God's healing hand.
God has supplied all our needs today.
God has given me eternal life and I have the hope of heaven.  Some day I will see Jesus face to face.
Ethan is a good husband who loves God and His word.
My children are an inheritance from the Lord.
We have been given the privilege to serve God.
America's forefathers sacrificed much for our freedom and were upheld by God's righteous right hand.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!


No comments:

Post a Comment