Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Everyday Parenting Questions and Delights

    Unashamedly, I do require my four children to do daily chores, with Saturday being the big cleaning day every week.  But this time, the kids initiated the cleaning.  Thanks, Swiffer!  I bought a wonderful cleaning tool from Walmart today that I have been using at my housecleaning job.  You can dust pretty much anything with it.  With the extension handle, you can even dust corners of your ceiling and ceiling fans.  I love it!  
Dusting this afternoon with our new Swiffer duster.


     Over Christmas vacation, my 12-year-old son decided that he has had enough of being a "TV-less" household.  Since being in Ukraine and Hungary, and not watching television, we realized that this absence is really a lovely and refreshing gift, so we never introduced it again.  Our kids grew up only watching movies on Friday night, and an occasional DVD at other times.  Unlike myself who was pretty much addicted to television when I was in about third grade and later.  Our kids made their own toys, spent time imagining all sorts of things, played outside, read, and built things to fill their lives.  Now that my son has created his own homemade TV antenna we are able to access at least 12 channels.  Now what do I do?  So far my answer to his question, "May I watch TV?" has been "no."  We will see if that changes anytime soon.
PJ's homemade TV antenna in our attic.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog posts Elysia! I'm really impressed with the homemade tv antenna. Is it possible to get a newspaper with a TV guide and together choose out one program a week to watch? Pbs especially has some interesting ones. I like their nature shows. I know Se families live to watch "the amazing race" as people travel all over different countries on their grand scavenger hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Love" not live. Wow, I guess I need to preview my comments before posting. Oops.

    ReplyDelete