Saturday, April 14, 2018

What Makes You Happy?

The bright sun rays broke in through the windows of the sunroom and onto our feet.  Several ladies sat in Mrs. Anderson's home sharing God's word and a lovely tea party together.  When asked the question: What gives you joy? several seasoned women answered, "children" or "babies."  These answers never left me as I pondered this time together in that sunroom years ago.  My children were still babes, all under ten years old.  Though they did truly fill me with joy, I couldn't recognize that at the time because my emotions centered more on exasperated, down, and can't-wait-till-they-grow-up-so-I-can-get-some-sleep feelings.  Women who have lived a long time see this joy more clearly.


The question on the YMCA whiteboard this week asked "What makes you the most happy? What makes you smile?"  Very quickly my thoughts focused on this simple answer:
My children.  They make me laugh, make me cry out to God for help, make me wonder how I will answer their profound thoughts, make me smile with pride, make me experience life at a greater level, make me truly enjoy pre-teens and teenagers, make me panic sometimes, make me cry, make me want to tear out my hair, make me dance, make me so thankful.  I love Gretchen, Peter John, Lizzy, and Amy.  My amazing children.

{Easter Sunday Best}

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lordthe fruit of the womb a reward. 
Psalm 127:3

photo courtesy of G

photo courtesy of PJ
 




G and Horton, photo courtesy of PJ

Easter Sunday 2018


photo courtesy of PJ

photo courtesy of PJ

photo courtesy of PJ

Gotta get the CRAZY one in!

No comments:

Post a Comment