Thursday, September 10, 2009

Aunt Crystal

Last night our beloved Aunt Crystal was taken to heaven. She and Dick were traveling to see family in WA when their car was hit and she was killed. Crystal was Luther's youngest sister, and she was truly a delightful person. We are so grateful for the time we had with her this summer both here in Fergus Falls and in Bottineau for the Larson Family Reunion.

Crystal had a way of making everyone feel at home in her presence. She was beautiful inside and out. She was such an encouragement to me as a mom. She raised six children in North Dakota on a tight budget. She told me that she thought I was a good mom. This encouragement came at a time when I was feeling quite down about how things were going with my children. We shared the same Christian values, and she affirmed me in these things as I raise my children. I will always cherish her warm smile and the love that she showed my children when we visited this summer.

While we were on furlough four years ago we spent a delightful Thanksgiving at Dick and Crystal's home in South Dakota. Here is a photo from that wonderful day in 2005:

(l to r) Ethan, Luther (Ethan's dad), Uncle Dick, Aunt Crystal

Ethan's cousin Jackie sent this beautiful photo of Dick and Crystal Grorud taken last week in Arizona:
We loved Aunt Crystal, and we will truly miss her. We rejoice that she is in the presence of our Lord and Savior in heaven worshipping at His throne. We will cherish every memory we had with her. We are praying for her wonderful husband Dick and her entire family that the God of all comfort would comfort them all during this time.
You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalm 16:11

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about Crystal's death. Please accept my sympathy. You wrote a wonderful tribute to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am saddened to hear about the loss of Crystal. As Connie said, you wrote a beautiful tribute to her...I am praying for you and all who knew Crystal and are dealing with her loss.

    ReplyDelete