Monday, November 9, 2009

Baked Oatmeal Recipe

I have been making this recipe since this summer. I made it again today, so I thought I would share it here. I have modified the original recipe significantly, so I feel free to share it here as an original recipe:

Baked Oatmeal
3 cups rolled or quick oats (I use half of each)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
2 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
walnuts or another fruit may be added as an option

Spray a 9" x 13" pan with non-stick spray or any kind of oil. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Pour into pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 20-25 minutes in a 375 degree Farenheit pre-heated oven. Top will be dryer and edges slightly brown when it is finished cooking. Serve warm in bowls. Pour milk on top and enjoy! Serves 6.

2 comments:

  1. I made this for breakfast this morning. It was great, and the boys gobbled it down! Thanks for sharing, Elysia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw your comment �� 8 years later, I'm still making this at request of the boys!

      Delete