Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful

God has been good to us, and we are filled with thanksgiving. Over the past few months, my faith has been tested and I have struggled more than ever before with doubting God's goodness and love as we have undergone some trials. God has graciously turned my attitude from anxiety, doubt, and spiritual depression to faith and trust once again. One of my biggest prayers has been "Revive me according to your word." Psalm 119:25 God is doing that as I spend time with Him reading His word and in prayer and as I turn all these cares over to Him. Two hymns that have brought tears to my eyes and comfort to my soul have been "O The Deep Deep Love" and "'Tis So Sweet to Trust In Jesus." Listen to this line from the first hymn:

Underneath me all around me
Is the current of Thy love

God's love has been the sustaining and overflowing river that has brought life to me over the years of my life. Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness, your goodness, and your grace. You are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment