Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins


I made up this recipe a few years ago. Since I baked some today with the squash that we froze in October, I thought I would share it with you to enjoy:
Pumpkin Muffins
3 c. flour (or 2 c. flour plus 1 c. whole wheat flour)
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3 eggs
1 3/4 or 2 c. sugar
2 c. cooked or canned pumpkin or squash
1 c. oil
1/2 - 1 c. raisins, optional
In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spray a 12 muffin tin with no-stick spray or grease it by hand. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar or plain sugar. Bake 375 degrees Fahrenheit 15-20 minutes or till golden brown.
copyright 2010 Elysia Larson

2 comments:

  1. pumpkin muffins were my favorite when we were kids. Im planning to try this one out as soon as I have a pumpkin again. (you cant get canned here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many fond memories of making and eating muffins in the Frank household. Glad to see you are carrying on the tradition. Nothing better than those homemade muffins and Mary Anne's beef barley soup.

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete