Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Primary Thing in Marriage

....Christ and the Church

As Christians, we often talk about Christ as the foundation of our marriage. Is this really true about us and our marriages? When I first saw this video, I realized how selfish I am and was saddened.  This couple has taken the gift of the covenant love of Christ and applied it to their marriage. We must look at this covenant relationship with Christ as the point and purpose of marriage, rather than our personal happiness.   I had a talk with a missionary in Chad when I was there in January. She was telling me about this concept and reminded me of the book "The Cost of Discipleship" by Dietrich Bonhoeffer. In it he writes,"When Christ calls a man, he bids him come and die." Now, Lord, teach us how to apply this concept and cling to Christ as our source and true foundation in marriage.

To read more about Ian and Larissa, go to the Desiring God blog:
Why We God Married
A Daily Disabled Life

No comments:

Post a Comment