Tuesday, January 1, 2013

We Press On

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14 ESV


Let the past sleep, but let it sleep on the bosom of Christ. Leave the Irreparable Past in His hands, and step out into the Irresistible Future with Him. -Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest, December 31.
Do I really believe God's Word?  It says "For this is God, Our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death." Psalm 48:14 NKJV I must believe His every word.  He is Faithful and True.  Does that mean, as a believer in Jesus Christ, that every moment of my life is in His sovereign hands?  Indeed, every moment.  And God is good.  That means, through every difficulty and painful trial, God is guiding me.  Through every moment of sheer joy and pleasure, every good and perfect gift comes from Him.  He is faithfully doing a work for His glory in my life.  He is turning my eyes from myself and all the things I put my hope in, and turning my attention and focus and trust to Himself, who is sufficient to carry everything in His strong, loving, able hands.  I trust You, My God, for this new year, 2013.  Soli Deo Gloria.

No comments:

Post a Comment