Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Recovery

I had surgery last week to hopefully help with some of the pain that I have been experiencing for two years now. I am grateful for the help that many have given us. My family has been a great dependable help with our kids this past week. My sisters and parents have really stepped up to help. Our church has also been so good to us to provide meals and help with prayer and childcare when needed. A few days ago Lizzy and Ethan got really sick with the flu and were incapacitated for two days. It was tough for me to be up and working more with the kids than I expected, but we made it through with the strength of prayer and help of family and friends.

The best part of my surgery is that it was done partially through a tube/scope (laparascopy) which helps with the recovery time. It has been very painful though with the carbon dioxide still stuck in my abdominal cavity. The bubbles roll around whenever I move. The most painful is when they reach my shoulders and it hurts a lot. I tried to go for a walk outside last night, but by the time I came back from the short walk, I felt pretty badly in my shoulders. I am going to try to walk a little outside each day so that hopefully the air bubbles will go away eventually.

I have enjoyed all the reading time I have had since last week. I have read biographies and some theology. It has been very nourishing to my soul, and has given me a new perspective. Being in bed also gives lots of prayer time. I am praying so much for my family (husband and kids) right now. Recovery from surgery has its advantages.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are on the road to recovery. The CO2 thing sounds very strange!! Like you are a soda bottle needing to be defizzed. I am thankful you were able to have the surgery and pray that you will notice a great difference and freedom as a result. Wish I could be there to help with some of the practical stuff.

    You are all in my prayers always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying for you every day. I'm glad you are doing well, and that Ethan and the kids are healthy again. Enjoy the weather....spring is on the way! Kirsten

    ReplyDelete