Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Letter From Ethan

I am currently in Minneapolis, and I will be meeting with my team tomorrow and Friday to finalize our preparations. We all climb into the sardine tube on Friday night to fly out to Amsterdam then Nairobi.

I fly to Ukraine on the 27th (2:30 AM departure! Pray!), and I will spend Wednesday to Sunday (July 28-Aug. 1) in Priluki meeting with and encouraging our friends there. I am teaching Thursday and Friday and again on Sunday. From Monday to Thursday (Aug. 2-5) I will be in Chernigov visiting the church there and some of my old missionary team-mates. Pray for good conversations during this time and vision for ministry in Ukraine.

I will try and send some updates but am unsure how much web access I will have in Kenya. Check in on Elysia's blog (larsonjournal.blogspot.com) and Elysia's Facebook, and thank you for your prayers.

Specific Prayer Requests:

Pray for my family as they adjust to Daddy being gone from home.

Praise God for his abundant provision for my trip. Looks like everything will be covered!

Pray for the truth of the word and power of the Spirit as I preach and teach. Love, grace, wisdom, and effectiveness in communication as I teach and preach.

Pray for my final preparation. I am feeling overwhelmed by the amount of material I have been given. I know we will not teach it all but it is intimidating nonetheless as it is a lot to prepare for.

Pray for safe travel and healthy body: I have heard weird stories about anti-malaria drugs…strange dreams, etc. That could be interesting.
My back has been feeling sore… and I have a long appointment with an airline seat.
I would rather not pick up any parasitical/viral 'friends'

Grace in remembering Russian so that I can visit with friends there.

All for now,
Ethan Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment