Monday, July 19, 2010

An Update from Kenya

Ethan sent a personal email to the kids and me, but I would like to share a few excerpts. Please pray for him as he continues to teach all day the next two days. They are teaching 11 classes in three days on theological foundations and God-centered living. They will need much wisdom and power from the Spirit. Here is the email:
Hi everyone! Jombo!
I got my laptop working with the college internet system this afternoon and am finally able to write.
my flights all went well and i didn't have any neck or back trouble. thank you everyone for praying! ...
...I just finished my first day of teaching and it went well. I am very tired. saturday and sunday night I slept well because I was tired from the flight, but last night I did not sleep well, only about 3-4 hours. Taught from 9am to 5 pm today very long but good students and good communication i think.
yesterday we went to a great church. anglican, i loved the liturgy, the worship; good hymns (with some african style) plus worship songs in english and swahili, and great communion time.
my team is really great, and the school here is nice. Nairobi is a big city both very poor and very rich together.
I miss you all so much!! thanks for all of your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment